The first thing to consider when choosing your hair accessories is your personal style and the style of your wedding. Your wedding day is not the time to venture far from your personal style. Is your style more romantic?
After taking into consideration your personal style, the second thing that you will want to think about is your hairstyle.
The most important aspect of your overall wedding look is your wedding dress. The dress is going to set the style for your whole look. If your dress is simplistic with no embellishments, it leaves you more open in choosing any type of accessories. If your dress has more detailed embellishments, you will want to take this into consideration when choosing accessories. The color of the dress is also a consideration when choosing bridal hair accessories that also have color such as colored jewels, lace, or fabric.
Silver has always been the go-to color for bridal hair accessories, and you can never go wrong with silver, but colored hair accessories are the trend right now including gold, rose gold and opal. The general rule of thumb is that gold is going to match best with an ivory, off-white or champagne dress and stay consistent and if you are wearing gold hair accessories, make sure your bridal jewelry is gold as well. Take into consideration and also stay consistent with any details on your dress plus the details and colors of your wedding, including your flowers.
Now we come down to the nitty gritty! With so many options, how do you know exactly what type of hair accessory to choose? Here is a basic list of your options:
- Bridal Hair Comb or Clip – Hair combs are by far the most popular choice among brides. With so many styles to choose from, it is easy to find something that fits in with the style of your wedding and your personal style. Combs work best accenting an updo in the back or side of the head, but can also be worn with hair down and swept to the side.
- Headband or Tiara – A headband or tiara can create a beautiful classic look or a dramatic statement depending on the style. Choose a dainty understated look for a more traditional style or a bling glamorous look if you want to make a statement. Headbands and tiaras can work great with any style of hair, including an updo.
- Flowers – You cannot get more romantic than a beautiful bridal hair flower. Choose a simple hair flower for a casual garden or backyard wedding or opt for a beautiful, embellished look for a more elegant look that is still soft and romantic., all down bridal hair or a half up, half down look.
- Hair Vines – The newest trend in bridal hair accessories is definitely a bridal hair vine. Perfect for a romantic or boho chic look, hair vines can be bent and manipulated into different shapes to accent any hairstyle. Twist a hair vine in the back of a soft braided updo, around a bridal bun, on the top of your head like a headband or for an even more dramatic look, we can wear hair vines across the forehead!
- Hair Pins – If you are looking for a remarkably simple, understated look, hair pins are perfect. Best in an updo or half up, half down hairstyle, sprinkle hair pins across your style for a variety of looks.
We hope that these tips have helped and before we go, we just want to remind you that THE most important thing to remember is to stay true to yourself. Do not worry about being the “perfect” traditional bride and certainly do not worry what anyone else thinks you “should” or “shouldn’t” do! This is your big day, and feel your most beautiful and your most authentic on this day more than any other! There really are no “rules” except for maybe one, and that is to do what makes you happy and makes you feel beautiful and confident!